Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
For issue #7. Simply write 500 words or less on the below linked strange news story. It must fit our genre categories (horror, noir, dark fiction, fantasy or bizarro), it must be original and not a reprint, and must arrive by Friday June 12th.
1st Place: Paid publication in Issue #7 (nationally distributed), and a pitch session for longer works for 2010!
Monday, June 8, 2009
|Chain Description||Total Stores||Store Penetration||Draws||Avg. Draw|
|Folletts College Stores||86||13||45||3.46|
|Hastings Books & Records||156||150||299||1.99|
|HOUSE ACCOUNT - INVENTORY||14||3||14||4.67|
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
NEW SHROUD CONTEST: STALK A STORE FOR SHROUD
The wonderful and supportive Sheldon S. Higdon gave me this idea. He emailed me to let me know that he was calling his local B&N to find out if Shroud were on the shelves yet.
WHO are a better marketeer of a magazine than the people that actually sell them? What if we began a calling campaign to all of the stores that carry Shroud and began asking them if they had Shroud Magazine in stock?
Do you think that it would at the very least create a bit of name recognition?
So here's the contest:
1. Go to the UNABRIDGED STORE LIST posted here:
2. Find the store or stores closest to you (does NOT have to be B&N) and obtain their telephone number.
3. Call the store directly and simply ask:
"Do you have any copies of Shroud Magazine in stock?"
If "yes" then respond with something to the effect of: "Oh excellent, thank you for the information,"
If "no" then respond with "Oh that's too bad. Do you know when you will have issues of Shroud Magazine in stock?" etc.
4. THEN respond to this post with a log of the date and time and store that you called.
Post is here:
5. This is the honor system.
- The first place prize will be a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION to Shroud Magazine and a full set of available novellas;
- Second Prize will be a FULL SET of novellas;
- Third Prize will be any novella of your choice;
ALL participants that log a call will get a 25% coupon off of anything in the Shroud store.
Remember, OVERLAP is good!
This could really help Shroud get sold. Thank you so much for the help!
THE CONTEST BEGINS NOW!
CONTEST LINK HERE: